Please submit a Freedom of Information Act Request by visiting our FOIA web page.

Sailors should contact their command education services officer or command career counselor or their administrative office for guidance and assistance with exam cycle discrepancy corrections  via applicable exam cycle enlisted advancement worksheet (EAW) Post-Exam Admin (PAC) submission. See

You can get degrees/certifications - earned before or while on Navy active duty at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education -- into your Joint Services Transcript (JST). Information is at Active Duty and Veterans: have an official transcript sent from the institution directly to the JST Operations Center. Transcripts supplied by service members will NOT be accepted; must come DIRECTLY from institution.

Many questions and topics about voluntary education can be found on the Navy College Program website at and at the assistance center at, where you can submit a help request, chat during open hours (7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time), and browse topics. You can also call the Navy College Virtual Education Center at 1-877-838-1659 during open hours.

Visit the MyNavy HR website at for NEC information.  The Navy Enlisted Manpower and Personnel Classifications and Occupational Standards (NEOCS) Manuals are available at
Download the latest NEC Manual (NAVPERS 18068F) – NEOCS Vol II, which is published four times a year, and read NEC appendix A for information about “NEC Code Proposals.”

Contact the U.S. Navy Credentials Program Office (Navy COOL), Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CST at 1-850-452-6683, 6664; DSN: 459-6683, 6664, 6324; Fax: 1-850-452-6897; Fax DSN: 459-6897 or email More information on credentialing is at

Our training programs are only for Sailors in the U.S. Navy, other service members for joint programs and some international military programs, as well as some civilian government employees. If you are in the United States and interested in the Navy, contact your local military recruiter.

Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) does not confer degrees (if applicable, search online for U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Naval War College, or Naval Postgraduate School, which all do confer degrees but do not fall under NETC). In job applications, sometimes people write they have a degree or equivalent in a subject. If you are trying to verify if the individual completed specific training, the official record of training completed and duty stations assigned is the DD-214 form, which the individual receives upon their discharge. The veteran may also choose to provide you with his or her VMET (Verification of Military Experience and Training), DD Form 2586, which is an overview of a service member's military experience and training, obtained from or from the Veterans Employment Center on the VA's eBenefits website. The military experience and training listed on the VMET is verified as official. Another useful document the veteran may provide you is their Joint Services Transcript from, which is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations. The individual can request online delivery to post-secondary institutions or complete an "Official JST Consent and Request Form" at with the employer information and email to The individual must provide you with these documents to verify training.

See information on requesting military service records through the National Archives at

The Navy’s frequently asked questions are located at




Naval Education and Training Command  |  250 Dallas St.  |  Pensacola FL 32508

Official U.S. Navy Website  |  Contact Us

Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon