An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Lt. Kayla Reddish, left, from Jacksonville, Florida, and Ensign Zachary Bradberry, from Pflugerville, Texas, review navigation procedures on the bridge aboard the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Milius (DDG 69) while operating in the Philippine Sea.

Mariner Skills Training Center, Atlantic (MSTCLANT) is located at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.  Visit the Naval Station Norfolk website for information about the installation.

All newly reporting students, regardless of the course of instruction, are required to report in the seasonally appropriate uniform below or check CANTRAC for requirements:
     Summer - Navy Working Uniform (NWU)
     Winter - Navy Working Uniform (NWU)

Students attending courses on Permanent Change of Station orders should bring the seasonal dress uniform and Service Khaki or Navy Service Uniform as applicable.

All students are required to bring the prescribed Navy Physical Training Uniform (PTU).

The authorized uniform will be worn by all student personnel in MSTCLANT buildings during normal operating hours (7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) to include evenings.

Appropriate civilian attire may be worn by personnel in MSTCLANT buildings after working hours and on weekends.

Information Assurance (IA) training is mandated for all users of Department of Defense (DoD) information systems. This requirement applies to Department of Navy (DoN) personnel who have or will require access to DoD or DoN computers. IA training must be taken annually, no later than Sept. 1 each year, as a condition of being granted and retaining access to DOD and DON computer systems.

All newly arriving or transferring military and civilian personnel are required to submit OPNAV 5239-14, System Authorization Access Request-Navy (SAAR-N), to obtain DoN email accounts.

Personnel transferring from another command should also speak to their security manager to ensure that their clearance information is up-to-date in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).

For students reporting to MSTCLANT, it is recommended to book lodging early through the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites – Naval Station Norfolk. If you are issued a Certificate of Non-Availability to stay in town and your intermediate stop in Norfolk is 31 days or more, you are subject to the 75% rule in the JTR Chapter 4 TDY Part B 4250 A and B (1-7).  To clarify, you will only be receiving the 75% flat rate; you will NOT receive the other 25% until liquidation of your travel claim.

Surrounding Norfolk hotels charge various rates for rooms based on the day of the week. If the daily rate is greater than your lodging allowance you will NOT receive any more money for this time; it will be an out-of-pocket expense. Ensure you are requesting the government rate.

Branch Health Clinic Naval Station Norfolk at Sewells Point is located on Naval Station Norfolk. 

Mariner Skills Training Center Atlantic
Class ___, Section ___ (if applicable)
1534 Piersey St.
BLDG P-400, Suite 300
Norfolk, VA 23511

Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon