Student Information

Mariner Skills Training Center, Pacific (MSTCPAC) Is located at Naval Base San Diego (NBSD), California.  Visit the Naval Base San Diego website for information about the installation.
 
UNIFORMS
 
All newly reporting students, regardless of the course of instruction, are required to report in the seasonally appropriate uniform:
 
  • Summer - Navy Working Uniform (NWU)
  • Winter - Navy Working Uniform (NWU)
 
Students attending courses on Permanent Change of Station Orders should bring the seasonal dress uniform and Service Khaki or Navy Service Uniform as applicable.
 
All students are required to bring the prescribed Navy Physical Training Uniform (PTU).
 
The authorized uniform will be worn by all student personnel in MSTCPAC buildings during normal operating hours (7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) to include evenings.
 
Appropriate civilian attire may be worn by personnel in MSTCPAC buildings after working hours and on weekends.
 
INFORMATION ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
 
Information Assurance (IA) awareness training is mandated for all users of Department of Defense (DoD) information systems. This requirement applies to Department of Navy (DoN) personnel who have or will require access to DoD or DoN computers. IA training must be taken annually, no later than September 1st each year, as a condition of being granted and retaining access to DoD and DoN computer systems.
 
All newly arriving or transferring military and civilian personnel are require to submit OPNAV 5239-14, System Authorization Access Request-Navy (SAAR-N), to obtain DoN email accounts.
 
SECURITY CLEARANCE
 
Personnel transferring from another command should also speak to their security manager to ensure that their clearance information is up-to-date in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
 
LODGING
 
For students reporting to MSTCPAC, it is recommended to book lodging early through the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites – Naval Base San Diego. If you are issued a Certificate of Non-Availability to stay in town and your intermediate stop in San Diego is 31 days or more, you are subject to the 75% rule in the JTR Chapter 4 TDY Part B 4250 a and B (1-7).  To clarify, you will only be receiving the 75% flat rate; you will NOT receive the other 25% upon liquidation of your travel claim.
 
Surrounding San Diego hotels charge various rates for rooms based on the day of the week. If the daily rate is greater than your lodging allowance you will NOT receive any more money for this time; it will be an out-of-pocket expense. Plan accordingly.
 
MEDICAL AND DENTAL
 
Naval Base Health Clinic (NBHC) located on Naval Base San Diego (NBSD) Dryside. See Naval Medical Center San Diego.
 
PERSONAL MAIL
 
Name
MSTCPAC _______ Training
Class ___, Section ___ (if applicable)
2680 Woden Street
BLDG 3304, Suite 3
San Diego, CA 92136
 
U.S. NAVY  |  U.S. NAVY RECRUITING  |  CHIEF OF NAVAL PERSONNEL | MyNavy HR

FOIA REQUESTER SERVICE CENTER  |  INFORMATION QUALITY  |  NO FEAR ACT DATA  |  OPEN GOVERNMENT  |  PLAIN WRITING

  PRIVACY POLICY  |  PRIVACY PROGRAM  |  ACCESSIBILITY/SECTION 508  |  USA.GOV
 

Naval Education and Training Command  |  250 Dallas St.  |  Pensacola FL 32508

Official U.S. Navy Website  |  Contact Us

 
Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon